My weekend was a veritable funfair of ridiculous eating and drinking. Waffles on Friday, Hard Rock Cafe on Saturday and mulled wine. Way too much mulled wine. I think I shall just have to continue this way until Christmas. Lebkuchen – which I will be making at some point in December. Little Ginger cakes with jam and chocolate. MMmmmm. I will make them at some point and post them on here for the season!
Also, can someone please clarify when the shops are open on a Sunday in Berlin and when not? I’m confused… I rushed to the shops yesterday with a smile on my face, wanted to buy some ingredients for cinnamon and pear pie and was crushed that I couldn’t get into the supermarket. Oh well, good thing I’m the kind of girl who always has some plums lying around!
Here is the recipe for
Mini Plum and Cinnamon cakes
250g caster sugar
250g Plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp ginger powder
7 ripe plums ( I like the purple ones best!)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a cupcake or mini cake tin
2. Cream together the butter and sugar and then add in the egg until all thoroughly mix.
3. Sieve the flower, cinnamon, ginger and baking powder into a separate bowl together and then fold into the butter mixture until thoroughly mixed.
4. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake tin so each section is half full
5. Deseed and slice the plums into equal size slices
6. Place the plum on top of each cake and bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven.
7. Allow to cool slightly and use a knife to loosen the edges of each cake and tip out.
8. Serve warm