I have been wanting to make a skillet cookie for agggges! I finally got the opportunity to do so for a movie night recently. Unfortunately, I only have one photos.. because before I could take any more.. the cookie was swept away and gobbled down like noone’s business!
As I have mentioned before, I still haven’t really perfected my own formula for a cookie recipe as I have with cakes, so I just used the trusty Hummingbird Bakery recipe for chocolate chip cookies and adapted it by adding white chocolate too! It was really delicious, my mouth is watering just thinking about the huge, slightly unacceptably big slab I took for myself. My flatmate said he knows he ate too much because he felt a bit dodgy the next day – sugar withdrawal? -.. but it was totally worth it!
So, here is the recipe:
Giant Skillet Cookie with white and milk chocolate:
- 225 g unsalted butter
- 350 g soft light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 400 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 225 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease the skillet pan lightly
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix in thoroughly
- Sieve together the flour bicarbonate of soda and salt, then fold into the wet mixture
- Mix in the chocolate chips until dispersed fairly equally
- Spoon this mixture into the skillet pan so evenly spread
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes – the cookie should be fairly crunchy and golden brown on the outside but a tiny bit soft in the middle when you take it out
It goes really well with vanilla icecream!!